Having completed a RISE online course or in-person workshop, you’ll be well prepared for certification testing as RISE programs are developed by key opinion leaders considering a consensus of acknowledged subject matter experts. Both our online courses and workshops offer the content instruction needed for certification.
RISE Certification Provides:
- A publicly recognized credential indicating mastery of the complexities of compliance and risk in government-based health care programs.
- Evidence of training on a disciplined approach to compliance with best practice and standard of accepted practice.
- An illustration of your professional progression and credentialing in a demanding field of expertise.
Choose Your Preferred Training Method
- In-person Workshops – Risk Adjustment and HCC Coding & Documentation are offered throughout the year by the RISE Institute in different geographic locations.
- Online courses accessible 24/7 through the RISE Institute.
Sit for the Exam
- The online certification exams are standardized tests that evaluate your knowledge-base and ability to apply that knowledge in case-studies in the program you’ve attended
- You have three opportunities to pass
- Certificates are valid for 24-months from the date the candidate passes the certification exam
Ongoing and Continuing Education
- The RISE Institute will establish additional continuing education credits in conjunction with the RISE organization for qualifying events based upon content and the number of "course" hours
- Where applicable, the RISE Institute applies for Continuing Education Units from other credentialed programs (AHIMA)
Certificates are valid for 24-months from the date the candidate passes the qualifying exam. Then, afterward, it is important that the certified individual keeps up with the current developments in the field. The RISE organization will award predetermined amounts of continuing education units for RISE conferences and other qualifying events based upon the number of contact hours for each one.
Continuing Education Units
Maintain your RISE Institute certifications by participating in:
- RISE Webinars - 1 CEU for each hour-long webinar. (90 minute webinars = 1.5 CEUs)
- RISE User Groups / HCC Coder Focus Groups - 1 CEU for each 60-minute call
- RISE Academy Workshops
- CMS & HHS Risk Adjustment 101 and HCC Coding Accuracy - 10.5 CEUs
- Leading and Implementing HCC Coding and Documentation Programs - 15.5 CEUs